POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Let the rivers flow : Re: Let the rivers flow Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:14:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Let the rivers flow
From: Chris Huff
Date: 20 Jun 2000 17:54:29
Message: <chrishuff-42F2AF.16585120062000@news.povray.org>
In article <3949b205@news.povray.org>, "Mark Wagner"
<mar### [at] gtenet> wrote:

> Now, with the proximity pattern, this can be done automatically with the
> eval_pattern() function.  Should make writing such things much easier.

Something similar could be done(in fact, this is what gave me the idea
for the proximity pattern), but my algorithm may have done more than
just proximity tests(I don't really remember though...).
Still, the proximity pattern could be used to make something close to it
with much faster parsing.
I will dig up the source and post it when I have a chance(an incoming
severe thunderstorm may slow me down).

Personal Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/
TAG Web page: http://tag.povray.org/